Sunday, November 4, 2012

Good as Gold



The Inspiration

I have always had a special place in my heart for metallic gold. That passion was set a blaze when I saw the new Essie polish "good as gold." I love weddings with a bit of an edge and I think adding bits of gold will do just that! 






The Invite
The invite should capture the feel of the event. Glitter lets the guests know it is going to be a fun and lively party. Another gorg option for metallics is gold foil or silver lettering. 


The Cake
A can't get enough of the metallic silver or gold cakes. Be bold with a gold fondant like the cake shown
or add it in with beading or ribbons. 


The Tablescape
Pops of metallics add such an impact to the table design. I'm adoring the golden fruit and the candlesticks on the tablescape shown below! Brings in such a charm and elegance. 




The Details
Wrap a strand of gold sequins to your bouquet to add just the right amount of glam to your wedding day!


Golden Flatware. My heart just melted a little bit!

A personal favorite of mine is mercury glass. It is so beautiful yet quite rustic. I love the idea of planting flowers into small mercury glass vases and giving them to your guests as favors. 

Gold numbers on the edge of a table runner is such a simple and adorable idea! 





No comments:

Post a Comment